Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 10 - 24 and get 2% off
- Buy 25 - 99 and get 5% off
- Buy 100 or above and get 10% off
Category 6A (CAT.6A) 10G Ethernet Network Patch Cables
Super geek alert! Geeks and Network Cables Online, LLC love 10 Gigabit Ethernet.
Maybe you’re asking yourself: “why the heck would I ever want a CAT6A cable?” Just when we think RJ45 copper Ethernet cables were seeing the end of their time, we get CAT6A cables. 10GbE (10 Gigabit Ethernet) over copper RJ45 cables is starting to see more mainstream usage; for example, video processing applications, virtualization, high-performance cluster computing (HPPC), iSCSI and other high-end network applications. Several network vendors offer 10GigE switches with standard RJ45 connectors. Another great thing about CAT6A patch cables is that they are backward compatible with 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet. If you think you might upgrade to 10Gb Ethernet, you might want to consider CAT6A cables since they are nearly the same cost as CAT6 cables.
Here are some interesting facts about CAT6A:
- The "A" in CAT6A means augmented. Also known as Augmented Category 6.
- The standard was ratified as an official IEEE standard in late 2006 (IEEE 802.3an-2006 10GBASE-T)
- CAT6A can run 10GbE up to 100 meters (328 FT)
- CAT6 cable can only run 10GbE up to 55 meters (180 FT)
- CAT6A is backward compatible with 10Base-T, 100Base-T, 1000Base-T (10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet)
Designed For: Network adapters, servers, high-end workstations, video processing/editing, Virtualization, high-performance cluster computing (HPPC), iSCSI, hubs, switches, routers, DSL/Cable Modems (probably won’t see 10 Gigabit DSL :-) but, there could be 10GbE LAN ports in the near future), patch panels and other computer networking applications that support CAT6A and 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GE, 10GbE, 10 GigE, 10GBASE-T, 10-gigabit Ethernet)
- Network Cables Online, LLC now carries CAT6A (Augmented Category 6) in both unshielded twisted pair (UTP) and shielded twisted pair (STP) Ethernet network patch cables.
- Prices range from $1.60 (1 FT, UTP) to $40 (100 FT, STP)
- Did we say that CAT.6A runs over longer distances (100 meters, 328 FT) than standard CAT6 cabling (55 meters, 180 FT) operating at 10GbE (10 Gigabit Ethernet)
- If you are considering the installation of 10Gbps network switches utilizing standard copper RJ45 connectors, CAT6A cables are the right choice for your installation
- Once again, they are backwards compatible with 10/100/1000 Ethernet connections
Blah, blah, blah. All of this technical jargon makes CAT6A cables the right solution for your Ethernet projects.