Cat 6A 10G Molded UTP Ethernet Network Patch Cable
Category 6A (CAT 6A) 10G Ethernet Network Patch Cables
Super geek alert! Geeks and Network Cables Online, LLC love 10 Gigabit Ethernet.
Maybe you’re asking yourself: “why the heck would I ever want a CAT 6A cable?” Just when we think RJ45 copper Ethernet cables were seeing the end of their time, we get CAT 6A cables. 10 GbE (10 Gigabit Ethernet) over copper RJ45 cables is starting to see more mainstream usage; for example, video processing applications, virtualization, high-performance cluster computing (HPPC), iSCSI and other high-end network applications. Several network vendors offer 10 GigE switches with standard RJ45 connectors. Another great thing about CAT 6A patch cables is that they are backward compatible with 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet. If you think you might upgrade to 10 Gb Ethernet, you might want to consider CAT 6A cables since they are nearly the same cost as CAT 6 cables.
Here are some interesting facts about CAT 6A:
- The "A" in CAT 6A means augmented. Also known as Augmented Category 6.
- The standard was ratified as an official IEEE standard in late 2006 (IEEE 802.3an-2006 10 GBASE-T)
- CAT 6A can run 10 GbE up to 100 meters (328 FT)
- CAT 6 cable can only run 10 GbE up to 55 meters (180 FT)
- CAT 6A is backward compatible with 10Base-T, 100Base-T, 1000Base-T (10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet)
Designed For: Network adapters, servers, high-end workstations, video processing/editing, Virtualization, high-performance cluster computing (HPPC), iSCSI, hubs, switches, routers, DSL/Cable Modems (probably won’t see 10 Gigabit DSL :-) but, there could be 10GbE LAN ports in the near future), patch panels and other computer networking applications that support CAT 6A and 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GE, 10GbE, 10 GigE, 10GBASE-T, 10-gigabit Ethernet)
- Network Cables Online, LLC now carries CAT 6A (Augmented Category 6) in both unshielded twisted pair (UTP) and shielded twisted pair (STP) Ethernet network patch cables.
- Prices range from $1.60 (1 FT, UTP) to $40 (100 FT, STP)
- Did we say that CAT 6A runs over longer distances (100 meters, 328 FT) than standard CAT 6 cabling (55 meters, 180 FT) operating at 10 GbE (10 Gigabit Ethernet)
- If you are considering the installation of 10 Gbps network switches utilizing standard copper RJ45 connectors, CAT 6A cables are the right choice for your installation
- Once again, they are backwards compatible with 10/100/1000 Ethernet connections
Blah, blah, blah. All of this technical jargon makes CAT 6A cables the right solution for your Ethernet projects.
Came just the way I wanted, works great and the quality is very good!
Received the cables all in good quality and right on time for a network project. Thanks!!
It great quaility
Good cable. The price is best.
Great cable - easy to use when connecting. The built quality is great! Simple design.